Thursday, March 9, 2017
War propaganda, disinformation and fake news. Renee is lecturing in Rome, Italy this week on the topic of “fake news, propaganda and digital media literacy.” We won’t have a “live” class tonight. Instead, please view the 30-minute screencast video below. If you have questions about LEAP 3 or activities, tweet Renee to get information. See you on March 23!
NEXT WEEK: Spring BREAK
PLEASE COMPLETE THESE ACTIVITIES BEFORE Thursday, March 23 at 7 p.m.
- Review and discuss LEAP 3 project
- Take the Week 7 quiz here. It will be open between March 9, Thursday 6 PM to March 12th, Sunday, 6 PM.
- READ: After reading, offer a Flipgrid video comment on one big idea from your reading of: Kimble, James. (2015). The Illustrated Four Freedoms: FDR, Rockwell, and the Margins of the Rhetorical Presidency. Presidential Studies Quarterly 45(1), 46 – 69.
- READ and DISCUSS. After reading, answer the questions in the Docent EDU prompt questions: Gilsinian, Kathy (2014, November 26). The Meaning of Thanksgiving, as Told through Cold War Propaganda. The Atlantic.
- VIEW & DISCUSS: U.S. Government (1962). The Wall. Film. As you view, see if you can identify techniques which make this Cold War propaganda effective. Compose one prompt that identifies the specific communication strategy in use.
Happy Spring Break!
Next Class: March 23, 7 PM
LEAP 3 : Due March 30