We’ll contextualize the study of propaganda by considering the rise of so-called “fake news” and learn key definitions and terminology about propaganda as a communication concept.
January 31, 2018
SYNCHRONOUS VIDEO CHAT AGENDA
- Reviewing Your Completed Work
- Introducing Mind Over Media: www.mindovermedia.tv
- Review and discuss EAVI 10 Types of Fake News graphic
- Defining propaganda PPT slides
- For discussion: Why are there are so many terms and definitions for propaganda?
- Preview Pathwright Class Participation activities and Quiz 1 (see below for details)
- Discuss: PETA “Animal Captivity is Slavery”
If you did not participate in the live class, you can watch the video here
After viewing, please use the conceptual model we used to analyze the PETA ad and select an example of propaganda from the Mind Over Media Website. Describe the example you have selected and show it uses the 4 propaganda techniques we discussed. Put your answer in the “Leave a Reply” at the bottom of of this page. No duplicates please.
PLEASE COMPLETE Week 3 (Origins of Propaganda) class assignments listed on the Pathwright website before Wednesday February 7 at 4 p.m.
BEYOND FAKE NEWS – EAVI POSTER
Click the image to open the whole poster: