February 21, 2018
Week 5 Theme: Unexpected Consequences of Propaganda
What are some unexpected consequences of propaganda?
AGENDA We held our live Zoom synchronous class on Wednesday, February 21 at 4 p.m.
- What are you learning? Reviewing your completed work
- Features of a close analysis of propaganda: View and discuss Hwages by Majed Alesa
- Who is the author and what is the purpose?
- What techniques are used to attract and hold attention?
- What lifestyles, values and points of view are presented?
- How might different people interpret this message?
- What context and additional information is needed to evaluate this message?
- For discussion: What might be some positive and negative consequences of propaganda in entertainment?
- Review class participation, LEAP 2 assignment, reading and homework activities.
PLEASE COMPLETE Week 6 (Public Interest Propaganda) class assignments listed on the Pathwright website before Wednesday February 28 at 4 p.m.
CLASS PARTICIPATION. If you missed the “live” synchronous class on Feb 21 at 4 pm, you must watch the class in the video below. After viewing the music video, Hwages by Majed Alesa, learn more about the context of life for young women in Saudi Arabia by reading 1 – 2 credible information sources and use that information to evaluate this message in relation to its potential positive and/or negative consequences. Put your answer in the “Leave a Reply” section below on this page.