MARCH 21, 2018
Week 8 Theme: Propaganda for Votes and Power
How does propaganda help people get elected?
If you did not participate in the “live” synchronous class, watch the video and answer the question at the bottom of this page.
- Propaganda History: How History Helps us Understand the Present and Future
- Review of The State of Deception –Hitler and the National Socialist Party’s election strategy. Key Events & Themes
- Renee reviews LEAP #3 Assignment – DUE April 11
- View and discuss some fascinating treasures of American propaganda from the past
- All Wrong Old Laddiebuck – animated propaganda for WWI soldiers created in 1919
- Propaganda Education – educational film from 1949
- Act Your Age – educational film from 1949
- A Face in the Crowd – trailer for the 1957 film
- LBJ Ice Cream Ad – Presidential election of 1964
- Bill Clinton for President – 1992
- George Bush for President – 2004
- Comparing the Past and the Present
PLEASE COMPLETE Week 9 (Power and Persuasion in the Racial State) class assignments listed on the Pathwright website before Wednesday March 28 at 4 p.m.
CLASS PARTICIPATION. If you missed today’s “live” synchronous class on March 21 at 4 pm, you must view the recorded video. After viewing, search one of the online archives for an example of historic propaganda and describe and analyze it briefly, using the “Leave a Reply” function below. Be sure to include a link or screenshot of the historic propaganda you have selected.