Week 9 Theme: Power and Persuasion in the Racial State
How is propaganda used to cultivate a sense of “us” versus “them”?
If you were unable to attend the “live” synchronous class, you must watch the video of the recorded class. Watch a random 10-minute segment of “We We Fight: Divide and Conquer” U.S. Propaganda film and describe 2 examples of propaganda techniques used. Read the responses of other students before composing your response to avoid duplication of information. Place your answer in the space below.
- Forgotten Films: Should these old Nazi propaganda films be released to the public? Why or why not?
- Review Flipgrid comments
- Review and discuss part of the film, Forbidden Films. How did the Third Reich ministry of propaganda promote racial hatred? What was the role of propaganda in creating us-versus-them attitudes?
- Review your reflections on the readings
- View and discuss: Why We Fight: Divide and Conquer by Frank Capra, 1940
- Review your progress on LEAP 3 and preview assignments due April 4
PLEASE COMPLETE Week 10 (Propaganda for War and Murder) class assignments listed on the Pathwright website before Wednesday April 4 at 4 p.m.