Week 10. April 4, 2018
How is propaganda used to deepen a sense of nationalism and patriotism in ways that justify war against enemies?
If you did not participate in the live synchronous chat, please watch the video. Then select one of the key ideas below and describe a key idea from what you learned in the readings.
Discuss key ideas:
- illegal listening to foreign radio stations
- anti-Jewish propaganda entertainment films
- anti-Soviet “atrocity stories”
- the propaganda of deception: Theresienstadt
- acknowledging collective guilt: compulsory viewing of Holocaust evidence
- approaches to de-Nazification
- Nuremberg trials – Streicher and Fritschse
View and discuss: Confronting Hate Propaganda and Holocaust Denial
LEAP 3 – Due April 11. How to be successful
Review of activities due April 11. Please complete Pathwright Week 11 (Terrorism as Propaganda before class on April 11). Note: Change in the syllabus.