If you did not participate in the “live” class, please watch the recording. Using the “Leave a Reply” function below, perform the task that you see students do in small groups by composing a written response to share your ideas and opinions below.
- Renee’s Reflections on LEAP #3: Collaborate/Compare/Contrast
- Facebook, Propaganda & Fake News in the News #COM416 Twitter Wall
- Discuss and comment on themes in the readings using They Say, I Say PPTS
- Demagoguery and Democracy VIDEO
- Demagoguery 101: Discuss which of these statements you agree or disagree with
- You can’t have democracy without demagogues
- Demagogue is just a loaded term for “highly effective communicator”
- Demagogues thrive because people are gullible to accept promises of easy answers and simple solutions
- If our government worked properly, we wouldn’t be enthralled by demagogues
- The separation of powers and the work of experts and elected politicians ensure that demagogues don’t get too much control
- The best way to take down a demagogue is to expose his or her hypocrisy
- Discussion of LEAP #4: Create Propaganda – DUE Friday, May 7
- Review of activities due April 25
Next week, we explore Global Propaganda. Please complete activities on the Pathwright for WEEK 13 before Wednesday, April 25.